Friday, January 7, 2011

2011: The Year of Choice

This is your opportunity to make 2011 the Year of Choice.

One principle I've learnt over the years is this:

EVERYTHING in life will be managed.

If I don't manage something then there are hundreds & thousands of people/things that will manage it for me.

If I don't cut my lawn , the City of Calgary will eventually cut it for me (at the small fee of $250)

If I don't manage my budget, my bank will offer to "tide me over" with the credit card they sent me. (at 28 percent interest)

If I don't manage the use of my time, the great news is there are a multitude of people out there who will. (I'll meet their goals, not necessarily mine)



The lesson is that many of us are paying a heavy emotional & financial price for not addressing the choices we need to make in life.

The beginning of a New Year represents an awesome opportunity to starting making choices in those areas of our job/life that remain unresolved. It is our chance to manage something positively before it will be managed by someone else at a high cost.

From a leadership perspective I've narrowed it down to 5 choices we all need to make to become effective leaders. Stay tuned for much more information on my book "A Game of Choice: 5 Choices to Effective Leadership" and the workshop that follows.

Happy New Year! I wish all of you every success in 2011.

Some Workshop Reviews from my recent Jasper Workshops:

"Very Informative Course filled with good help suggestions to aid supervisors to improve overall productivity & staff relations. Honest. Passionate. Very Encouraging!"

"I leave with a very positive outlook on the changes I can/will implement at my workplace from this course. Changes in me that will make a huge difference to my team."

If you have any questions about bringing powerful training to your team in 2011, call me at (403) 874-1044 or email me at david@marketbeamer.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment